Nominations From the Floor
Procedure for Nominations from the Floor
1. Nominations from the floor for secretary, treasurer, and executive board members may be made by completing the nomination form below and pressing “submit.”
2. All nominations for secretary and treasurer must be completed and submitted before 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 3.
All nominations for executive board member must be completed and submitted before 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 4.
3. The floor nomination form (below) must be signed by five (5) voting members; for purposes of this digital convention, it is sufficient to get the consent of five voting members and list them on the form. Actual signatures are not required.
4. Before submitting a floor nomination, you must ensure that the nominee shall have given her consent and indicated her willingness to serve if elected.
5. A photo of the nominee will accompany the biographical information that will be distributed to all voting members. Nominees must provide a suitable 3″ x 5″ photo (head and shoulders preferred). The photo should be emailed to Eva James Yeo, staff support for the Nominating Committee, at [email protected]
Photos for those being nominated for the positions of secretary and treasurer must be submitted to Eva James Yeo no later than 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, August 3.
Photos for those being nominated for the positions of executive board member must be submitted to Eva James Yeo no later than 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, August 4.
6. Nominations from the floor will be reported in alphabetical order by last name.
Policy Against Electioneering
There are a variety of gifts, but the same Spirit AND There are a variety of services, but the same Lord AND There are a variety of activities, but the same God who activates them in everyone. Women of the ELCA affirms and believes all women should have equal opportunity for involvement and leadership in the organization. Women of the ELCA further believes that the Spirit that binds us all through baptism is the guiding factor for each voting member to prayerfully review and consider each nominee’s biographical information prior to conventions of the SWOs and the triennial convention of the CWO. Each participant further understands that promoting one candidate over another through campaigning is in fact interfering with God’s plan and actions for participants of Women of the ELCA. Adopted by the Churchwide Executive Board, October 2016.