Lots of graduates will be starting new jobs soon. Here are some tips for them (and good reminders for seasoned employees).
- Have something to say? Keep it short and brief–always think before you speak.
- Don’t like someone? Or feel they don’t like you? Talk to them anyway. You can still learn from them.
- Be self-assured but never cocky. Maybe you just got out of school and think you know everything, but you don’t.
- Never belittle a co-worker who you think is less intelligent than you.
- If you do have a position of power and are younger than everyone, acknowledge your age but lead humbly.
- Most of all, pray! Pray, pray, pray, pray, pray!
This message is adapted from “Prayers for the first job” written by Laura Johnson that first appeared in the June 2010 issue of Cafe magazine.
Do you enjoy these free Daily Grace messages? If so, donate now to further the ministry.