What happens when the voice calling is God’s? From the stories of biblical figures who track the voice of God, five surprising insights emerge:
- To hear the voice of God, you have to believe that God is still speaking.
- To hear anything, you first have to listen.
- There’s a difference between listening—and listening.
- God speaks from many pulpits.
- God has a stake in the conversation.
In words and in silences, in sacrament and in everyday encounter, Jesus calls in hopes that we too will turn and recognize God’s voice.
This message is an excerpt of “Listen God is calling” by M.E. Stortz in the July/August 2019 issue of Gather magazine. Today we remember Apostles Simon and Jude.
Do you enjoy these free Daily Grace messages? If so, donate now to further the ministry. Use the “where needed most” line.