Seven ways to prepare for the triennial gathering
by Audrey Riley
Where will you be a year from now?
I hope you’ll be on your way to our Tenth Triennial Gathering in Minneapolis! Yes, it’s coming up that fast – the Triennial Gathering will be July 13-16, 2017.
There’s a lot to do between now and then – so here’s a little list.
1. Take our theme to heart. “All Anew” can mean something new for every woman, every unit, every synodical organization. Start by learning the hymn together. “Gracious Spirit, Heed Our Pleading” is at 401 in Evangelical Lutheran Worship and 687 in With One Voice. It’ll be so great to hear thousands of women belting it out next summer, won’t it? Help inspire your sisters by posting a video of you and your group singing it (with feeling!) on the Women of the ELCA Facebook page.
2. Register early! Registration opens September 6, 2016 (right after Labor Day). Early-bird registration is $310; after January 6, 2017, the price goes up to $350. Day registrations will be $175. Register online at welcatg.org.
3. Sponsor a first-time participant. Units and synodical organizations, you might even sponsor more than one first-time participant. How terrific would that be? (Do let your first-time participant know early so she can arrange her schedule.)
4. Color, pray and explore our All Anew theme. Use our new coloring devotions to mediate on our triennial theme.
5. Tell your friends! This is a historic occasion – our Tenth Triennial Gathering and the 30th anniversary of Women of the ELCA – and we’ll be celebrating.
6. Be a Friend of the Triennial Gathering. A gift in any amount makes you a Friend of the Triennial Gathering, whether you’ll be joining us there or not. You can give in honor of a friend, your circle, your congregation, or your synodical women’s organization – and if you (or your unit or your synodical women’s organization) make a gift over $500, we’ll post the name, congregation name and city of whoever you’re honoring on the Wall of Fame at Triennial. Think how much fun it’ll be to see your circle posted on the Wall of Fame.
You can give online by going to the GiveMN website. At that website, you can also rally a team of Friends of the Triennial Gathering to pitch in together.
Or you can send your gift along with your registration.
Or you can simply mail your check, made out to Women of the ELCA with “Friend of the Triennial Gathering” on the memo line, and a note telling us the name, congregation name, and city of whomever you’re honoring, to Women of the ELCA, P.O. Box 1809, Merrifield VA 22116-8009.
7. Get excited! The Triennial is always an exciting weekend of fun, faith and friendship – and this Tenth Triennial Gathering will be no exception. We’re expecting thousands of women – including you. See you there!
June 2016: Beginning the journey
May 2016: Holy Stewardship
April 2016: Good for our hearts!
March 2016: Loving Lent
February 2016: Happy birthday Katie!
January 2016 devotion: “I am about to do a new thing!”
December 2015 devotion: GIving thanks for you
November 2015 devotion: Giving thanks to God
How to Give
Regular Offerings are a wonderful way to support one another in our callings. When women gather in the circles or groups of the congregational unit and receive an offering, their unit treasurer puts some of it to work for the congregational unit’s own ministry and shares the rest with the synodical women’s organization, sending it to her with Form A. (Please download a copy of Form A and fill it in as shown in this example.)
The treasurer of the synodical women’s organization puts some of that shared offering to work for the synodical organization’s ministry, and then shares the rest with the churchwide women’s organization, which puts that shared offering to work for women’s ministries throughout the church.
Thankofferings and Gifts “Where Needed Most”
For Congregational Units
Women of the ELCA
To give online with a credit card, please visit welca.org/give and click “Women of the ELCA Where Needed Most.” Fill in the amount of your gift and then under “Designation,” click “Women of the ELCA General Fund.”
To give by mail, please make out your check to Women of the ELCA and write “Where needed most” on the memo line. Mail it to:
Women of the ELCA
To give by phone with a credit card, please call 800-638-3522.