Lutheran women have a long history of Bible study, discipleship, and desire to deepen their spiritual life and learn about issues.
Women of the ELCA offers free, downloadable program resources—all in English and many in Spanish—to help you grow in faith and engage in ministry and action.
Human trafficking is the third-largest criminal industry in the world after drugs and arms trafficking. This program will help you understand what human trafficking is, what is being done to stop it and how you and your church can participate in those efforts.
The Called to … series
This series of eight programs for groups, each designed to take about 60-90 minutes, offers a wide variety of opportunities to explore together what God is calling you to be and to do.
- Called to a Global Perspective: Passport to Your Heart helps women to see themselves as a part of a global community in which all can play leadership roles.
- Called to Be Global Sisters: Seeing Each Other with New Eyes increases our understanding of women from other cultures. A one-hour program that includes role plays and probing discussion questions.
- Called to Be Political explores the Christian call and responsibility of civic engagement. This updated and refreshed version of our popular resource includes the reflection of four Lutheran women on faith and politics. Additional listings of current voting and advocacy resources are included.
- Called to Be Women in Mission: Exploring New Opportunities provides a biblical foundation for understanding God’s call to be women in mission — in our homes, congregations, communities, and world.
- Called to Deal with Difficult Issues: A Challenging Ministry presents a process for thinking theologically as we face difficult issues in our daily lives.
- Called to Ethical Decision Making: No Easy Answers, a two-hour workshop, explores the Lutheran ethical approach and the complexities involved in ethical decision making, and offers participants practical experience in ethical deliberation.
- Called to Love as God Loves — Unconditionally! is a three-session resource that focuses on God’s call to love ourselves, to love our neighbors, and to support one another.
- Called to Obey God: It’s Not Easy Being Jonah probes the book of Jonah for help in learning how to discern our role in carrying out God’s vision for the whole of creation.