Women of the ELCA continues to celebrate our 25th anniversary year through May 31, 2013. Here are some ways you can help make the 25th Anniversary Appeal a reflection of our mission, one way in which we mobilize women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Plan to collect an anniversary offering at least twice between now and the end of May 2013.
- As your fiscal year ends on January 31, 2013, and you consider how to distribute funds remaining in your bank accounts, consider giving over all or a large portion of your remaining funds for the 25th Anniversary Appeal.
- Place a challenge before the women of your unit: encourage every woman to contribute at least $25, one dollar per year of Women of the ELCA. Where the ability is present, consider asking some to contribute $250, ten dollars for each year of Women of the ELCA.
- Let the women of your unit know about the ministries supported through the ELCA Malaria Campaign. Help each woman understand how her anniversary gift is one way in which she helps achieve the mission of this organization, i.e., mobilizing women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for our partners in the 11 Lutheran church bodies in Africa with whom we join in creating a grassroots movement to contain malaria and bring hope to those who suffer.
- Invite others in your congregation to contribute to the 25th Anniversary Appeal. Perhaps some will contribute in memory of those once active in Women of the ELCA or a predecessor women’s organization. Others might contribute because of their desire to make malaria history.
- Consider inviting others to make gifts to the 25th Anniversary Appeal for Valentine’s Day, your birthday, Mother’s Day, etc..
- Consider other ways to raise money for the 25th Anniversary Appeal. For example, contribute the proceeds of a bake sale or car wash.
Send your anniversary gifts to Women of the ELCA, PO Box 71256, Chicago, IL 60694-1256. Write “25th Anniversary Appeal” on your check memo line.