by Eva James Yeo
Women of the ELCA continues to live out its mission in new ways. We are a community of women who gather in congregations and cafés and on college campuses and social media. If you are looking for support on your faith journey, we have many free resources for you.
Here are 10 ways to stay connected and become part of this intergenerational organization.
- Download free program resources in English and Spanish to help you grow in faith and engage in ministry and action.
- Subscribe to Gather, the magazine of Women of the ELCA that offers a mix of articles, theological reflections, devotions and stories of comfort and challenge. Subscribe to Gather’s monthly e-newsletter through the Stay in Touch box at the bottom of every website page.
- Check out Café, our award-winning, web-based magazine for young adult women who are interested in how faith relates to current cultural issues.
- Subscribe to Bold Connections, a free monthly e-newsletter featuring the latest news from Women of the ELCA.
- Download the Daily Grace smartphone app available from iTunes and Android stores. The app offers daily devotions, reflections, prayers and more. Or you can receive it by email each day. Sign up from the homepage of Women of the ELCA.
- Discern God’s call by discovering your spiritual gifts with our spiritual gifts assessment (Gifts for You: Opening your spiritual gifts) available online under our resources tab.
- Engage in racial justice advocacy training and address harassment and related violence, domestic violence, bullying, immigration issues and human trafficking.
- Encourage not-for-profit organizations to apply to our grants program, both domestic and international.
- Learn more about stewardship ministries that educate, inspire and mobilize women around the world today and for future generations.
- Attend the Tenth Triennial Gathering, July 13-16, 2017, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Visit welcatg.org for more information.
The mission statement—mobilizing women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ—inspires us to serve and support women of all ages in new ways. Visit www.womenoftheelca.org to learn about how you can join the important work women do. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
Eva James Yeo is director for membership for Women of the ELCA.