The convention season has begun. Are you ready? Planning committees are working to give you an exciting experience where you can learn and share with others who are attending. Find out the date of your convention, then invite your friends and women in your synod who have never attended.
If you are attending or planning your synodical women’s convention, a synod assembly, or a special event, why not order some Women of the ELCA identity boxes to take along? Choose among three boxes: $100 (worth $220), $250 (worth $558) and $400 (worth $883). Best of all, shipping is free! Download the order form and mail it in with your check. For additional items not on the order form, visit our online store.
Sharing your faith journey
Sharing your faith journey with women gives action to our mission statement: Mobilizing women to act boldly on their faith in Jesus Christ.
Because we are all about being “All Anew” these days, we hope that your time at the convention will be filled with new ideas, new resources, and learning more about the important actions taken at our the Tenth Triennial Gathering last summer in Minneapolis.
Here are 10 ways you can invite and attract new members.
- Invite women to attend the convention.
- Host a Women of the ELCA open house.
- Organize a service project that reaches out to your local community.
- Give prospective members a subscription to Gather magazine.
- Invite women to a Bible study and offer them a ride, if needed.
- Share your experiences with others.
- Share Café, Daily Grace and WELCA’s free downloadable resources. Stay in touch with us by signing up for our monthly newsletters.
- Meet at a new location several times a year.
- Find more resources and ideas on our membership page.
- Give a WELCA identity item as a gift. (Order your box now.)
Eva James Yeo is director for membership for Women of the ELCA.