Arne Administrative Scholarship for women administrators
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide assistance to women interested in reaching the top of their field as an administrator. The additional education may be pursued through full-time school attendance, evening/part-time attendance, or summer session attendance. This scholarship was established in 1998 by Esther Arne. Esther served on the Women of the ELCA churchwide executive board in its first triennium. The average award has been $500.
ELIGIBILITY AND GUIDELINES
The applicant must:
- be a citizen of the United States of America.
- hold membership in the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- be at least 21 years old.
- have experienced an interruption in education of two or more years since completion of high school or college.
Additional Scholarship Committee Considerations
- Involvement in Women of the ELCA
- Women of the ELCA must be notified in writing of any change in education plans.
- Scholarship funds must be used within the academic year of the award.
- Scholarship funds must be returned if the educational program is canceled, or if it is terminated by the recipient’s personal decision.
- Scholarships funds will be forfeited if the scholarship recipient does not adhere to the timeline set for providing information and documentation needed for awarding funds.
- If requested, recipient will be interviewed for Women of the ELCA print and/or electronic media.
An application will be considered complete once all forms have been submitted to Women of the ELCA at the address below. The following forms must be completed and returned by the deadline: February 15, 2017.
The following forms must be mailed directly to Women of the ELCA from the individuals providing the references:
Academic Reference Form (A letter of recommendation from a faculty member who has taught the applicant within the last three years; disregard if out of school more than three years.)
Women of the ELCA Scholarship Program